Through events, programs, and other forms of involvement, the Education Committee seeks to broaden community awareness of open space and instill conservation values, with special emphasis on engaging and inspiring the next generation to love Lyme’s remarkable resources.
- The Sapling Club–Elementary School-aged kids: Enjoy free play in the forest with friends! We’ll meet up each month from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Banningwood Preserve. Learn More.
- The Hiking Club–Middle School-aged kids: Come hike the trails! Each month the hike will be an adventure to explore the natural world. Learn More.
- The Tree Collective–ages 14-18: A program designed to engage young conservationists ages 14-18 in outdoor fun and education while working to maintain trails in our beautiful town of Lyme, CT. Learn More.
For slide shows of the Tree Collective collective seasons 2019-2020, and 2020-2021.
- Lyme School Curiosity Shop. The Lyme Land Trust provides after-school enrichment for the Lyme School PTO. For photos in 2022
- Lyme School Grant 2022. The Lyme Land Trust provided a grant for the PTO to bring an environmental enrichment program into each classroom. The programs were presented by the Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center.
Interpretive Trails: We create self-guided walks to highlight different aspects of our preserves.
- Banningwood Preserve Map and Self-guided Walk for All Ages
- Banningwood Preserve Map and Self-guided Walk Geology and Ecology
- Lyme Corner Trails Map and Interpretive Trail
Interesting News: We prepare and make available informative articles for the Lyme Land Trust Newsletter and this website.
Scientific Study: We facilitate study of the natural resources present on our preserves for educational and land management purposes.
Partnerships: We join with the schools and other organizations to promote the importance of land conservation.
Lyme Forest Block Project Phase 2—an initiative launched by Audubon Connecticut, in partnership with and other local land trusts, and municipalities. To learn more about the project and to watch webinars.