Volunteer Stewardship Opportunities for the Lyme Land Trust and the Town of Lyme
We will train you for these different positions!
- Trail volunteer– help to maintain the trails on Lyme preserves.
- Property monitor (LLT) – walk the perimeter or boundary of a Lyme Land Trust property once a year – more if possible – and file a report. Become a Property Monitor
- Preserve or trail steward – Adopt a LLT or TOL preserve or trail and gain a thorough knowledge and appreciation, monitor regularly (more than once a year), and help with maintenance. LLT property stewards file an annual report. Become a Property Steward
- Chainsaw Brigade– Sign up to be called to remove fallen trees and obstacles as needed in Lyme preserves.
- Heavy Lifting Brigade– Ability to perform heavy physical work for excavation or construction; and/or owns and uses power equipment, such as tractors, saws, mowers.
- For more detail about Stewardship jobs.
Please submit this form and let us know what position(s) you are interested in. We will get back to you.
Use a smartphone app to show us the location of trail issues. Learn how to use Track Kit app. The smartphone app called Track Kit works like a GPS unit to track your path. You can help us by pinpointing trail issues, such as a fallen tree that needs removal, by marking the track with a “waypoint” and taking a photo. When you get home, you can download the track, with the waypoints and photos, and send us the URL so that we can exactly locate the issue.
Please Contact Stewardship@LymeLandTrust.org to learn more about this program.